An offering from the Schorsch Studio Singing in the 21st Century series
SPEAK MUSICAL THEATER: A WORKSHOP FOR CLASSICAL SINGERS
Monday, May 20th and Tuesday, May 21st 6:30-10pm
Are you a classical singer interested in auditioning for musical theater? Do you want to be "taken seriously" in musical theater and contemporary styles? This 2-night workshop is for you!
- Select repertoire that showcases YOU
- Cut and prepare music and design your musical theater book
- Make simple and easy-to-implement technical, stylistic, and diction adjustments so you don’t sound like you are “faking it”
- Practice communicating with a pianist in a mock audition setting
- Identify and navigate the differences between singing musical theater for opera companies, YAPS, and professional musical theater houses
- Learn the differences between classical voice and musical theater in vocal terminology, professional and social cultures, audition practices, etc.
Each participant will receive:
- 3 personally selected repertoire selections
- Coaching in a masterclass format
- Personal feedback on audition cuts, a “book check”, and helpful tips from a pianist and coach who accompanies auditions for professional musical theater
REGISTRATION ENDS: Monday, May 6th